XTECH-UPGRADE, the upgrade facilitator
We designed an innovative methodology to implement your upgrade projects and develop the tools needed to support it.
Based on a cumulative approach , it will allow you to capitalize on the stages performed.
It greatly simplifies the industrialization of your development, facilitates and enhances the quality of the validation.
It allows you to adopt the most efficient project organization.
The tool manages the technical part of the upgrade, allowing you to focus on the tasks with the most added value :
- consistency of the new developments with the customer’s needs
- adoption and validation of the new version by your client
XTECH-UPGRADE supports upgrades starting from SAGE X3 V5 up to the latest version available.
All X3 standard system and DB configurations are supported.
Minimum patch level required : P10 in V5, P21 in V6, standard Sage prerequisites for the other versions.
- Settings : They are created from a standard or vertical template.
They automatically adapt to the client context using the association function.
The objective is to define how additional tables are managed and to gather them into flows.
- Adaptation : This function is used to take into account and to manage any modification of the data model performed during the re-engineering project in the following synchronizations.
- Synchronization : This is the data transfer function used to collect data in the live environment and to regularly update a dedicated folder, called synchronization folder and created during the initial upgrade.
It is divided into two distinct steps :
- Extraction, executed in the live environment
- Integration, performed in the new version where the synchronization plan and the adaptations which convert the data into the target version format are executed.
- Fusion : This function links the developments and settings done in the re-engineering folder with data coming from the synchronization folder, thus automatically creating on demand
- validation folders
- the live folder in the target version
- Automatic settings creation according to the chosen strategy.
- Direct Synchronization starting from V5 without working with an intermediate version.
- Database change management.
- Replacement of the initial upgrade by the “Full Synchronization” offering recovery points
- Reliability of the operations: All the operations can be re-executed. Numerous integrated controls avoiding oversights and highly reducing the risk of error.
- Management of settings evolution during the project, analysis tools embedded in the product.
- Integrated workflow notifying you of any event in real time.
- Facilities : Automatic creation of validation environments
- With the up-to-date development version and fresh data coming from the last synchronization
- In a local or remote folder
- Performance :
- Use of native database tools.
- Use of parallelization mechanisms.
- Full management of the upgrade life cycle
- Initial upgrade
- Re-engineering project, adaptations
- Go Live
XTECH-STUDIO, manage your environments and your transitions safely
Sage X3 is an ERP offering extended functionalities covering all the SMEs management needs.
It is complemented by a set of verticals, often written by partners, and is configurable and customizable.
This allows each customer to have the solution that precisely meets their needs.
Like all editors, Sage regularly publishes updates: patches (fixes) and versions (evolving).
From version 12, there is no longer versions but “Releases”, which become quarterly and contain corrections and changes.
To integrate these releases, we no longer perform a migration but a transition .
A transition is a complex operation because of the potential conflicts between changes to the standard and customizations.
It cannot be done without risk directly to the production environment.
Xtech-Studio provides you with the tools and methodology to perform these operations, and more generally to manage and evolve your Sage X3 environments.
- In a simpler way
- While minimizing production environment downtime
XTECH-STUDIO is dedicated to customers running Sage X3 version 11 or higher.
XTECH-STUDIO is organized in modules
- Environment : facilitates the creation, update of folders using different copy and / or merge mechanisms
- Evolution : simplifies and secures transitions (change of release), and migration from V11 to V12
- Development : secures and accelerates the validation and integration of any development into the production folder
- Tools : offers a set of utilities to control and correct data and meta-data
- Data and meta-data control and correction
- Settings comparison and copy
- Fast update of copy folders
- Using synchronization
- Fast backups
- Native DB tools
- Parallelization, dynamic load balancing
- Disk space optimization
- Simplify and secure
- Patch integration
- Transitions (release change)
- Integration of new functionalities
- Developments integration and testing
- Using all Xtech facilities
- Data synchronization
- Automatic creation of work environments using fusion mechanisms
- Adaptation mechanisms
- Predictive controls
- Cloud methodology